Weekly News Round-up: September 14, 2015
September 14, 2015Print
Here are some highlights from the past week’s news on family tax credit issues. Remember – you also can track news coverage throughout the week by visiting our website, where you can filter news by a specific credit and/or state.
- Former Florida governor and 2016 presidential candidate Jeb Bush (R) announced his tax plan, which included a proposal to expand the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) (TCWF, Vox, NPR, Washington Post).
- NETWORK, a National Catholic Social Justice Lobby, kicked off its “Nuns on a Bus” campaign to raise the awareness around economic equality policies including the EITC and Child Tax Credit (CTC) (THV 11).
- Oren Cass of the Manhattan Institute advocated for a wage-subsidy program to replace the EITC (New York Times).
- Mother Jones examined presidential candidate Gov. John Kasich’s (R-Ohio) tax policy record and found his programs did little to help poor families in Ohio (Mother Jones).
- Researchers found that most Republican tax plans would disproportionately benefit wealthier Americans (ABC News).