NEWS ROUND-UP: JANUARY 22, 2018
January 22, 2018Print
Here are some highlights from the past week’s news on family tax credit issues.
- This week, the Michigan Senate will vote on legislation to create a state-level Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit. (Detroit Free Press, The Detroit News)
- California lawmakers introduced legislation to increase the tax rate on higher-income corporations operating in the state, and intend to use some of the revenue to fund an expansion of the state’s Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). (The Sacramento Bee)
- Maine House Republican leader Ken Fredette introduced legislation to create a state-level Child Tax Credit and double the state’s EITC to 10 percent of the federal credit. (S. News and World Report, Portland Press Herald)
- We debunked the myth of EITC “fraud” and offered policy options for lawmakers looking to reduce improper EITC payments. (TCWF)
- On February 1, join Prosperity Now and TCWF on Capitol Hill to discuss how policymakers and advocates can work together to protect the EITC and other policies that help working families post-tax reform. Click here to register.