Missed Our Event on What’s Ahead for the EITC? Watch the Full Video Here
February 11, 2019Print
Last Thursday, TCWF and Prosperity Now hosted a Capitol Hill policy briefing on the future of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other vital anti-poverty programs as the new Congress begins. If you were unable to attend, you can watch a full video of the event below:
Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Representative Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-NJ-12) provided keynote remarks in which they urged their colleagues in Congress to improve the EITC for low-wage working families. Their remarks were followed by a panel discussion among tax policy experts on the challenges posed by the government shutdown and IRS budget cuts, to opportunities for Congress to expand the EITC for workers without dependent children.
The panel discussion featured:
- David Newville, Director of Federal Policy, Prosperity Now (moderator)
- Betty Habershon, Director, Prince George’s CASH Campaign
- Samuel Hammond, Director of Poverty and Welfare Policy, Niskanen Center
- Elaine Maag, Principal Research Associate, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center
- Daniel Turrentine, Vice President & Chief Government Affairs Officer, H&R Bl
To view highlights from the event, join the conversation on Twitter using #EITCWorks.