Missed Our Briefing on Making Tax Time Work for Everyone? Watch the Full Video Here
February 10, 2020Print
Last week, TCWF and Prosperity Now hosted a Capitol Hill policy briefing on how policymakers can improve the tax time moment and make refundable tax credits like the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC) work for all taxpayers. If you were unable to attend, you can watch a full video of the event below:
IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig and Representative Danny K. Davis (D-IL-07) provided keynote remarks at the event. Their remarks were followed by a panel discussion among tax policy experts on simplifying the eligibility requirements for refundable tax credits, passing existing federal proposals to expand the credits, and establishing standards for paid tax preparers.
The panel discussion featured:
- David Newville, Vice President of Policy and Research, Prosperity Now (moderator)
- Mary Arthur, President and CEO, Campaign for Working Families
- Chye-Ching Huang, Senior Director for Economic Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Aparna Mathur, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Daniel Turrentine, Vice President & Chief Government Affairs Officer, H&R Block
To view highlights from the event, join the conversation on Twitter using #TaxTimeforEveryone.