Missed Our Briefing on Expanding the EITC? Watch the Full Video Here
September 28, 2018Print
On Tuesday, TCWF hosted a Capitol Hill policy briefing on the importance of expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) for workers without dependent children. If you were unable to attend, you can watch a full video of the event below:
Opening remarks by TCWF director Lauren Pescatore were followed by a panel discussion among policy experts on new legislation and research around expanding the EITC.
The panel discussion featured:
- Indivar Dutta-Gupta, Co-Executive Director, Georgetown Center on Poverty and Inequality (moderator)
- Jill Hunter-Williams, Deputy Chief of Staff, Congressman Danny K Davis (D-IL)
- Elaine Maag, Senior Research Associate, The Urban Institute/Tax Policy Center
- Robin McKinney, Co-Founder and CEO, The CASH Campaign of Maryland
- Cynthia Miller, Senior Fellow, MDRC
To view highlights from the event, join the conversation on Twitter using #ExpandEITC.