EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT (EITC)
Rate (Non-Refundable): 30% of the federal credit.
Eligibility Requirements: All Ohio taxpayers who qualify for the federal credit are automatically eligible.
Latest Legislative Action:
- On April 8, 2019, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine (R) signed legislation to increase the state’s EITC from 10 to 30 percent of the federal credit and remove the income cap as part of the state’s 2019 transportation budget.
- In 2017, the legislature is considering a bill that would make the state’s EITC refundable.
CHILD TAX CREDIT (CTC)
Ohio does not currently offer a state-level CTC.
CHILD AND DEPENDENT CARE TAX CREDIT (CDCTC)
- For families with an adjusted gross income below $20,000: 100% of federal credit
- For families with an adjusted gross income of $20,000-$40,000: 25% of federal credit
- Maximum amount of claimable expenses is $3,000 for one qualifying dependent and $6,000 for two or more.
Eligibility: All Ohio taxpayers who qualify for the federal credit are automatically eligible.