West Virginia Senator Robert Karnes introduced a bill to create a state-level Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).Read More
Use our interactive map to view information and resources about state-level credits.
- RT @prosperitynow : Join top policymakers, researchers, community tax preparers and advocates on February 1 as they discuss this immense unc… 7 hours ago
- States looking for ways to protect their residents from tax hikes brought on by federal #taxreform could consider c… https://t.co/5DRg2bOuy7 13 hours ago
- RT @UnitedWaySEM : Moriah, whose family has benefitted from #EITC, shares advice: "EITC can give relief to families. Please file for it. It… 2 days ago
- #Maine House Republican leader @KenFredetteME has introduced legislation to bring tax relief to low-wage working fa… https://t.co/BoBOM76U22 2 days ago
- RT @RealEconImpact : You can help spread #EITCAwareness through #Thunderclap. Thunderclap is a social media platform that allows people to s… 2 days ago
After overhauling the tax code, Republicans in Congress are turning their attention to federal safety net programs, and the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) may be a target. House Ways and Means Committee member Rep. Jason Smith (R-MO) is calling for increased “government oversight” of the program to address improper payments.Read More