The West Virginia Senate continued to debate a tax reform bill that would institute a 2.5 percent flat income tax, increase the state's sales tax from 6 to 8 percent, and create a state Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). But the bill's future is unclear since the Senate must pass the legislation before March 29 for it to be considered by the House of Delegates.Read More
Use our interactive map to view information and resources about state-level credits.
- RT @thehatchergroup : The top 1% of earners receive more from these tax policies than the bottom 80% combined. https://t.co/KBcx2VRjkf @cfed … 3 days ago
- RT @NoJargonPodcast : Tach: America’s most important policy for pulling workers out of #poverty is the #EITC. https://t.co/qADYGLhvLf #TaxDa… 5 days ago
- RT @AC_CAN : Today is Tax Day, celebrate a tax credit that broadens prosperity #tax #eitc #vita Budget Center CalEITC4Me... https://t.co/EQw… 5 days ago
- RT @CPAG_USA : Positive changes to #EITC #CTC #CDCTC can all help us reduce #childpoverty. Read our report: https://t.co/pCDVMBpxCU #TaxMarch 5 days ago
- RT @IRLEUCB : The #EITC boosts families! IRLE’s Jesse Rothstein and @AustnNchols explain: https://t.co/WlJ0gqHrUC #TaxMarch @Berkeley_OLab @… 5 days ago
With Supreme Court nominations, investigations into Russian election interference and a new healthcare bill, Congress has had little time to focus on changing the tax code. But lawmakers and advocates continue to insist that tax reform is coming soon.Read More