Advocates, policymakers, taxpayers and others took part in Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Awareness Day on Friday, January 27, celebrating the EITC’s vital role in helping lower-income families make ends meet. This Thursday, February 2, TCWF and the Corporation for Enterprise Development (CFED) will host a Capitol Hill policy briefing on reducing wealth inequality and protecting consumers at tax time and beyond through tax credits like the EITC. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) and Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wisc.) will give keynote remarks, followed by two panel discussions among experts in the field. RSVP for the briefing hereRead More
Use our interactive map to view information and resources about state-level credits.
- RT @NASCSP : #ICYMI: Last week @TaxCreditsWF hosted a briefing on how tax reform could impact low-wage workers. View here: https://t.co/9sTC… 3 days ago
- RT @povertynews : ICYMI, you can watch the full video of our #taxreform2017 briefing: https://t.co/AWkSEE6eRF @TaxCreditsWF 1 week ago
- "The #EITC works really well. And if something ain't broke, you really shouldn't try to fix it" - @econjared https://t.co/66PT5ncivZ 1 week ago
- Missed our Capitol Hill briefing on tax credits & tax reform w/ @povertynews ? Watch the full video of the event here https://t.co/soJPdLNkhS 1 week ago
- RT @LeciaDC : Not only embrace, but #ExpandEITC too https://t.co/UGF2niLYh6 2 weeks ago
How will tax credits for low-wage workers fare through impending tax reform under the 115th Congress and Trump administration? The non-partisan Spotlight on Poverty and Opportunity and Tax Credits for Workers and their Families (TCWF) invite you to a February 13 Capitol Hill briefing to discuss research and recent developments about these credits and what lies ahead.Read More