During 2016, states considered more than 170 bills related to the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Now, at the mid-point in most state legislative sessions, it's already clear that the EITC may be even more popular in 2017, with many states considering creating, expanding, or making refundable EITC programs. Here are some of the states where the EITC is on the move.Read More
Use our interactive map to view information and resources about state-level credits.
- RT @Maryland_CASH : Make work pay! Join us in expanding Maryland's #EITC for low-wage workers. Sign on here: https://t.co/IBFUvyeisE 3 days ago
- Tax reform should enhance #workingfamilycredits to reduce child #poverty, says @TCFdotorg 's Stettner in @povertynews https://t.co/Nq6qhd5WdP 4 days ago
- The #EITC may be more effective than some #health interventions in improving health outcomes, via @cfed … https://t.co/L5KpfJ3APV 5 days ago
- RT @CenterOnBudget : Trump's budget would cut #economic development funding for both cities and rural communities: https://t.co/r11GTwDz67 h… 1 week ago
- #Missouri's making major progress to lower taxes on low-wage workers by enacting an #EITC. https://t.co/RyKma1lnBD… https://t.co/UqscsC7Phm 1 week ago
A bill to create a Montana Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) cleared a major legislative hurdle and was voted out of the House Committee on Taxation. The bill, HB 391, now proceeds to a full House vote. Meanwhile, a companion bill continues to make its way through Senate committees.Read More