We have long known that the EITC is one of the most effective ways to reduce poverty in the short run. Now a new study reports that children of state EITC recipients are also more likely to have higher household incomes than their parents when they become adults.Read More
Use our interactive map to view information and resources about state-level credits.
- RT @prosperitynow : Join top policymakers, researchers, community tax preparers and advocates on February 1 as they discuss this immense unc… 7 hours ago
- States looking for ways to protect their residents from tax hikes brought on by federal #taxreform could consider c… https://t.co/5DRg2bOuy7 13 hours ago
- RT @UnitedWaySEM : Moriah, whose family has benefitted from #EITC, shares advice: "EITC can give relief to families. Please file for it. It… 2 days ago
- #Maine House Republican leader @KenFredetteME has introduced legislation to bring tax relief to low-wage working fa… https://t.co/BoBOM76U22 2 days ago
- RT @RealEconImpact : You can help spread #EITCAwareness through #Thunderclap. Thunderclap is a social media platform that allows people to s… 2 days ago
Last week’s Supreme Court ruling to strike down the Defense of Marriage Act affirmed that same-sex marriages deserve equal treatment under federal law. One outcome is that, just like spouses of the opposite sex, these couples will now be able to file their federal income taxes jointly.Read More