We have long known that the EITC is one of the most effective ways to reduce poverty in the short run. Now a new study reports that children of state EITC recipients are also more likely to have higher household incomes than their parents when they become adults.Read More
Use our interactive map to view information and resources about state-level credits.
- RT @IRSnews : #GetReady: Check https://t.co/kcgZUfN9B4 for answers to your #tax questions before calling #IRS. https://t.co/cnt3xRtdy0.getre… 2 days ago
- RT @dodsonadvocate : Reminder: "Pro-family" #GOPTaxPlan plan penalizes taxpaying #immigrants https://t.co/9di3Da2TIJ via @WeAreUnidosUS & @… 2 days ago
- RT @timervolina : As a business owner, the new #GOPtaxplan is great for me, but it's terrible for my staff. That's neither fair nor sustaina… 6 days ago
- RT @povertynews : Behind Trump’s plan to target the federal safety net: https://t.co/LJYySv6dhQ #poverty (via @politico ) 7 days ago
- RT @nwlc : From our friends @TaxCreditsWF : GOP #taxreform plan penalizes taxpaying #immigrants. https://t.co/1NsCjjljhu 1 week ago
Last week’s Supreme Court ruling to strike down the Defense of Marriage Act affirmed that same-sex marriages deserve equal treatment under federal law. One outcome is that, just like spouses of the opposite sex, these couples will now be able to file their federal income taxes jointly.Read More