Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) reintroduced his bill from the last Senate session to expand the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC). His bill would increase the EITC for workers not currently raising children, create a separate child tax credit for families raising young children and index the CTC to inflation. Forty-five Democratic senators have signed onto the bill as co-sponsors.Read More
Use our interactive map to view information and resources about state-level credits.
- . @SenSherrodBrown wants to lower taxes on working families struggling to make ends meet. Here's how: https://t.co/3LQJVq9nFC #EITC #CTC 2 days ago
- #Oregon takes action to increase #EITC take-up rate https://t.co/xMxwKcyeAj 5 days ago
- RT @nomadj1s : People seem to be interested in the EITC, “gaming,” & redistribution. Basically, if I’m on twitter for anything it’s making E… 1 week ago
- RT @RyanKoncar : I'd like to thank the #EITC for allowing me to eat while going back to school, graduating cum laude and getting a well payi… 1 week ago
- RT @JosephNSanberg : "Considering the high child poverty rate"...it’s time for a state #EITC in Arkansas. Yes! @richhudd @clarketucker https… 1 week ago
There’s been a lot of talk but little action from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle about expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) for “childless” workers, the lone group that is taxed into poverty.Read More