The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is one of the most effective programs for helping low-wage workers keep more of...Read More
Use our interactive map to view information and resources about state-level credits.
- RT @prosperitynow : Don’t forget to register—just two weeks until our EITC event with @TaxCreditsWF ! Panelists include: @danturrentine , @apa … 1 day ago
- Here's why we need to stop calling improper #EITC payments "fraud" https://t.co/O92SDHCZqa 3 days ago
- What's ahead for the #EITC in 2018? Join us & @prosperitynow on Capitol Hill February 1 to learn more. Register her… https://t.co/dUN38SDnAl 3 days ago
- RT @prosperitynow : Join top policymakers, researchers, community tax preparers and advocates on February 1 as they discuss this immense unc… 3 days ago
- RT @RealEconImpact : You can use the #EITC Assistant Tool to find out if you are eligible, determine if your child/children meet the qualify… 3 days ago
As we highlighted in last week’s news round-up, Republicans in Congress are laying the groundwork to overhaul federal safety net programs, and the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) may be at risk. Last week, House Ways and Means Committee member Rep. Jason Smith (R-MO) called for more “government oversight” of the EITC to crack down on improper payments, echoing many of his Republican colleagues’ sentiments on cutting waste, fraud and abuse from safety net programs.Read More