A controversial tax plan introduced Wednesday by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp aims to simplify the nation’s tax code in part by scaling back and restructuring a number of tax credits and deductions that millions of low-income working families rely on.Read More
Use our interactive map to view information and resources about state-level credits.
- RT @prosperitynow : Join top policymakers, researchers, community tax preparers and advocates on February 1 as they discuss this immense unc… 8 hours ago
- States looking for ways to protect their residents from tax hikes brought on by federal #taxreform could consider c… https://t.co/5DRg2bOuy7 13 hours ago
- RT @UnitedWaySEM : Moriah, whose family has benefitted from #EITC, shares advice: "EITC can give relief to families. Please file for it. It… 2 days ago
- #Maine House Republican leader @KenFredetteME has introduced legislation to bring tax relief to low-wage working fa… https://t.co/BoBOM76U22 2 days ago
- RT @RealEconImpact : You can help spread #EITCAwareness through #Thunderclap. Thunderclap is a social media platform that allows people to s… 2 days ago
In a disappointing but not wholly unexpected decision, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit upheld the District Court’s ruling in Loving v. IRS that bars the IRS from fully implementing its paid preparer regulations.Read More