Last Thursday, TCWF joined Prosperity Now on Capitol Hill to host a policy briefing on the future of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other vital safety net programs in the wake of federal tax reform. If you were unable to attend, you can watch a full video of the event below:
Lauren Pescatore, TCWF’s director, and Jeremie Greer, vice president of Policy & Research at Prosperity Now, provided opening remarks. Following Greer’s remarks, a bipartisan panel of experts discussed the potential opportunities and threats surrounding the EITC and other vital anti-poverty programs as the changes to the tax code set in.
The panel discussion featured:
- Francesca Jean Baptiste, Director of Tax Partnerships, The CASH Campaign of Maryland
- Chye-Ching Huang, Deputy Director of Federal Tax Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Aparna Mathur, Resident Scholar of Economic Policy, American Enterprise Institute
- David Newville, Director of Federal Policy, Prosperity Now
- Daniel Turrentine, Vice President & Chief Government Affairs Officer, H&R Block
To view highlights from the event, join the conversation on Twitter using #FutureofEITC.