Jason Furman, the chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisors, wrote about how the Obama administration’s support for antipoverty policies has reduced income inequality. Furman noted that by working to expand the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC), the administration narrowed the income gap between the highest and lowest earners.Read More
Use our interactive map to view information and resources about state-level credits.
- #EITC presented in #Utah as a way to address rising income #inequality https://t.co/gS4UFw5Wjw @utchildren 14 hours ago
- . @HillaryClinton called for a "tax system that rewards work, not just financial transactions" in last night's debate https://t.co/5OWWUZdrh0 14 hours ago
- RT @IRSnews : New law requires #IRS to hold refunds for some early filers next year. https://t.co/g4Ck2nuH5s #EITC 2 days ago
- RT @CLASP_DC : READ: @PatcohenNYT on the millions who have lifted themselves from poverty. #Jobs #raisethewage #EITC https://t.co/hxSdeOpVjh… 2 days ago
- #EITC can improve health outcomes in #rural areas struggling to keep up w/ their urban neighbors https://t.co/Io6XSLBW23 #ATLhealthycities 2 days ago
Next week in Washington D.C., advocates, policymakers and academics from across the country will convene for the biennial Assets Learning Conference, sponsored by the Corporation for Enterprise Development (CFED). The conference will explore nationwide efforts to address wealth inequality and will include a strong focus on using the tax code to help working families.Read More